Friends of Jane Forum Index Friends of Jane
The place for Friends of Jane to be!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi from New York State (rural that is)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hetty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Hi from New York State (rural that is) Reply with quote

I suppose I should get in here and introduce myself after I pestered someone several weeks ago about giving me access. I watched Dr. Quinn on and off during the original run and was fascinated with the concept of this incredible woman so far ahead of her time. It's only been in the last couple of years, however, since my retirement that I've re-discovered such shows as Dr. Quinn, Bonanza, Little House on the Prairie, etc. I first became acquainted with Jane during a move to a new residence in 1983. Having arrived at my destination, I found my movers (friends and acquaintenances) sitting in my new living room watching Jane in Winds of War. Have loved her since but most especially in the last couple of years. I am so impressed with the person she is and she serves as an inspiration to me. She is so incredibly multi-talented. I can only hope for just a smidgin of her wonderful artistry.

I have been a doll collector for over 25 years and one of my favorite dolls is one I recently acquired on the secondary market - a Jane Seymour doll representing Dr. Quinn from the Robert Tonner doll company. She is the most beautiful doll I have ever seen. I am currently living in Brooklyn NY but I am in the planning stages of moving back to my hometown area in rural Western New York.
Elaine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Hetty, and a warm welcome to Friends of Jane! It's wonderful to have you here. You'll find this a quiet but friendly place with much information about Jane. We love to share anything we know about her.

Where are you from in western NY? I live outside Rochester, and feel quite distant from any other Jane fans. I pretty much keep to myself, since my family thinks I'm "psycho" about her. lol

Please look around to see what we have here, then feel free to jump into any thread you find interesting. If you have any questions or problems, please don't hesitate to ask. I hope you'll visit often.
LUIS SIMOES

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome, Hetty!

Im Luis, from Portugal, 37, married, one son with 10 and I work on public transports, (buses).

I only wish I had more time to see Janes work but being away from home sometimes 17 hours a day makes it hard.

Im a Janes fan since 1980 when I saw her on Battlestar Galactica and she is an amazing person, very complete and human. Like an Angel.

Have a nice week! Wink

Luis
gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning and welcome Hetty:)

I'm Colleen, I'm in England.

Your doll collection sounds amazing...and WOW lucky you getting a DQ doll
Very Happy

Perhaps you could post some pictures of your dolls??

I'm sure you will enjoy it here:)
Morchel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hetty, welcome to the forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Friends of Jane Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: