Friends of Jane Forum Index Friends of Jane
The place for Friends of Jane to be!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jane in Bob Ross the Happy Painter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Friends of Jane Forum Index -> Theatre/Web/DVD/DVR/Tivo Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starkidtw

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Jane in Bob Ross the Happy Painter Reply with quote

Quote:

Premiering Sunday, June 12 at 7:00pm on Blue Ridge PBS

Bob Ross, one of the most iconic figures in public television, seems deeply familiar to viewers but fundamental information about him has never been revealed. What is Bob Ross' story as a man and an artist? How did The Joy of Painting get started? And what was it about Bob himself that made him such a compelling figure?

Blue Ridge PBS will answer these questions and more with this one-hour, high definition documentary. Some of the most surprising elements of the program are the interview segments with celebrities who learned to paint the Bob Ross way including Brad Paisley, Jane Seymour and Terrance Howard. Blue Ridge PBS also secured an interview with Phil Donahue, who played an important role in Bob Ross' career by featuring the artist on his Chicago-based show.

http://www.wbra.org/html/local/bobRoss/index.html
Elaine

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this, Carol. I'll keep an eye out for this special on our local PBS station, but most likely will never find it. <sigh> We don't seem to ever get shows like this around here.
Anne

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link and info, Carol. They still show old shows with Bob Ross on German TV, but unfortunately most times late at night so it happens quite a lot when I'm fortunate to catch an episode, that I fall asleep while watching because Bob has such a soothing voice.

I wish they would air this special on German TV too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Friends of Jane Forum Index -> Theatre/Web/DVD/DVR/Tivo Alerts All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: