Friends of Jane Forum Index Friends of Jane
The place for Friends of Jane to be!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jane's Open Hearts Collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Friends of Jane Forum Index -> Clothing Lines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elaine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, Deb.

Funny story about my daughter's birthday. I told my husband that Debbi liked the OH key necklace, so we decided to get her one, since it was a milestone birthday this year (40). We got it last weekend--the plain silver one. Well, our son-in-law stopped by Wednesday evening with some things for the party, and he asked if I'd wrap his gift for her. Imagine my surprise when it was an OH key necklace, but with the black diamonds! We had a laugh over that with him, but when he left we had a moment of panic--what would we give her now???
She'd mentioned one other thing she wanted, so Thursday morning we ran to the mall to return our key necklace and look for that other item. We found it in the first store we looked, so we knew it was what we were supposed to get.

The party turned out really nice, and she wasn't upset about the surprise since only her very best friend and her husband came. We had a nice sit-down dinner of Debbi's favorite meal (Chicken French), and the carrot cake we'd gotten. She enjoyed everything, and she loved all her gifts.
deb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Elaine I'm glad that she had a great time! That was funny that you all thought along the same lines for a present Smile I keep hoping for a watch. But I guess that will never happen. Course I don't know when I'd wear it.
Elaine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spotted an OH necklace on another TV show tonight. They're really popping up in a lot of places--that's so good to see!

On Undercover Boss, the mayor of Cincinnati was working in disguise with a lady in a recreation center. She had on 3 or 4 necklaces, but the OH was very prominent, as it was on the longest chain.
deb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome Elaine. It is very good to see them everywhere.
LUIS SIMOES

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine wrote:
Me too, Deb.

Funny story about my daughter's birthday. I told my husband that Debbi liked the OH key necklace, so we decided to get her one, since it was a milestone birthday this year (40). We got it last weekend--the plain silver one. Well, our son-in-law stopped by Wednesday evening with some things for the party, and he asked if I'd wrap his gift for her. Imagine my surprise when it was an OH key necklace, but with the black diamonds! We had a laugh over that with him, but when he left we had a moment of panic--what would we give her now???
She'd mentioned one other thing she wanted, so Thursday morning we ran to the mall to return our key necklace and look for that other item. We found it in the first store we looked, so we knew it was what we were supposed to get.

The party turned out really nice, and she wasn't upset about the surprise since only her very best friend and her husband came. We had a nice sit-down dinner of Debbi's favorite meal (Chicken French), and the carrot cake we'd gotten. She enjoyed everything, and she loved all her gifts.

Hi, Elaine

What´s real important is that your daughter had a great time!
And look´s like she had!

Have a nice week!

Luis
Elaine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another OH spotting!

Tonight I watched Huckabee, where Mike had as guests Mr. and Mrs. Abbate, whose 15-year old son was killed in an automobile accident. Also there was Andie MacDowell, who plays Mrs. Abbate in the newly-released film, The 5th Quarter. It sounds like a very inspiring movie!

Anyway, when I turned around to see the interview, I immediately noticed that Mrs. Abbate had on an Open Heart necklace. I wasn't really surprised that a woman, who with her husband, would donate their teen-aged son's organs, would have an open heart. What could be more appropriate for her to wear?
deb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome Elaine!! Thanks for sharing
Elaine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished watching Cake Boss' show last night, but since there wasn't anything on that I wanted to see, I just left it on TLC. Toddlers & Tiaras came on and as I watched a few minutes--can you say "child abuse"?--before turning off the tv, I saw that the director of the pageant was wearing an Open Heart necklace! It made me happy and sad at the same time. Happy to see the OH necklace on the screen for all the world to see, yet disappointed that someone wearing it would be involved with such an exploitative activity.
Elaine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night, on Say "Yes" to the Dress, two of the brides were wearing Open Hearts necklaces. I notice them fairly often, on tv as well as in person, but TWO on one show! That's unusual.

Last edited by Elaine on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
deb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Elaine that's awesome! I see them everywhere most times I see an OH item on customers that come in the store.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Friends of Jane Forum Index -> Clothing Lines All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: