Friends of Jane Forum Index Friends of Jane
The place for Friends of Jane to be!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sinbad...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Friends of Jane Forum Index -> Theatre/Web/DVD/DVR/Tivo Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nadya

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Sinbad... Reply with quote

Not sure how accurate this is, but on the website www.LocateTV.com it lists the very early Jane movie of "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger" to be shown on the Turner Classic Movies station on Tuesday, Nov 16th at 6pm.

Anyways, just wanted to give a heads up...

Elaine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up, Nadya. We used to keep a running "alert" to Jane's appearances, but things have been so slow around here, it seemed to get neglected. We'll have to start up again.

She has a couple other shows/movies coming up soon. (See Alert thread up above.)
LUIS SIMOES

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Sinbad... Reply with quote

Nadya wrote:
Not sure how accurate this is, but on the website www.LocateTV.com it lists the very early Jane movie of "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger" to be shown on the Turner Classic Movies station on Tuesday, Nov 16th at 6pm.

Anyways, just wanted to give a heads up...

Hello, Nadya

Have you seen it? Itīs great for a saturday afternoon with your family.

Luis
Nadya

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Luis -

In fact I haven't seen the whole thing - I've seen a little clip of it somewhere...I'm hoping that I will get home from work in time to catch it...or I guess I can DVR it even though I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet with my cable service..I'll have to learn by Tuesday!!

Take care
Nadya

deb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is another one that I've haven't seen.
Elaine

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, you'll enjoy it, I think. It's pretty "hokey," but Jane is simply exquisite. She's young and fresh and beautiful. She was only in her mid-20s, and typically in her early movies, she speaks very lightly in a falsetto-type voice. The special effects are really fascinating, even though it's old and we've moved on so far in today's movies. The effects were quite advanced for that time. It's pretty predictable, of course, but isn't that usually the way with science-fiction movies, such as they are.
LUIS SIMOES

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine wrote:
Deb, you'll enjoy it, I think. It's pretty "hokey," but Jane is simply exquisite. She's young and fresh and beautiful. She was only in her mid-20s, and typically in her early movies, she speaks very lightly in a falsetto-type voice. The special effects are really fascinating, even though it's old and we've moved on so far in today's movies. The effects were quite advanced for that time. It's pretty predictable, of course, but isn't that usually the way with science-fiction movies, such as they are.

Hi, Elaine

You are right about the special effects, I think it was before the star wars time, but they were incredible for 1977. Jane was the perfect image of a Princess, no doubt about that. Her long hair was already amazing and her talent was also there.

The perfect movie for a raining sunday afternoon like this one here today.

Have a nice week.

Luis
LUIS SIMOES

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nadya wrote:
Hi Luis -

In fact I haven't seen the whole thing - I've seen a little clip of it somewhere...I'm hoping that I will get home from work in time to catch it...or I guess I can DVR it even though I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet with my cable service..I'll have to learn by Tuesday!!

Take care
Nadya

Hello, Nadya,

Try not to miss it! And if you do I can send it to you to San Antonio by mail, on DVD. You will love to see Jane! Exclamation

I also like the mokey! Laughing

Luis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Friends of Jane Forum Index -> Theatre/Web/DVD/DVR/Tivo Alerts All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: