Friends of Jane Forum Index Friends of Jane
The place for Friends of Jane to be!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meeting Jane 2/12/2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Friends of Jane Forum Index -> Brush With Elegance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Meeting Jane 2/12/2010 Reply with quote

Once I heard that Jane was going to be at the King of Prussia Mall I knew I had to go. There were a couple of things that were trying to stop me from going. The snow was awful this week. Some places still arenít dug out yet. This happened to a friend of mine that was to go with me. The snow was making me think of going to New York next month (which I still might do).Then I was having car trouble and my husband wasnít going to let me go. So I had my van looked at on Thursday night (nothing like the last minute). Laughing Thank God it was only a tire! So that fixed and everything looked good. Natalie and I had to start our day a 5am to take my husband to work, because we are down to one vehicle now. We came home and she went back to sleep and I cleaned up the house a little. We left town around 1pm. Our trip to King of Prussia was just over two hours long. We got to the mall and went walking around then found the gallery and looked at Janeís paintings. WOW they are so much better than I thought that they would be. One of the guys there introduced himself to us and asked how I found out about the show and where I was from. Of course I said I heard about it from Friends of Jane.com. We walked around for about 3 hrs. Then we headed back to the Gallery.

Once there I knew that we were going to have to wait for a while because there were a lot of people there who had bought a painting which I couldnít. I asked the man that I talked to earlier if my daughter would be able to give Jane a birthday card that she had made and a couple of other things she had for her. I also had a card but I didnít say anything about it because it was in my purse. LOL He said that should be ok we just had to wait till she didnít have anybody with her. That took almost an hour, but WELL WORTH IT!! When I saw that Jane was free we walked over to her and said hi and gave her our cards and stuff. I was a little shocked because she opened my card right away, and looked at it. I had also enclosed a letter which she said she would read later. Then she looked at my daughterís stuff. The card Natalie made had two horses on the bottom and two hearts between them. In one of the hearts Natalie wrote Jane and in the other she wrote James. This was not over looked by Jane! There were other things that she drew on the front, but I thought that was sweet! Natalie also gave her a HUGE candy necklace that she had to buy for Jane and one of her art projects from school (a sun catcher). She thanked us and then went to put the stuff away and came back and one of the men from the gallery suggested that we get a picture with her. I was TOTALLY in sock, because I was not expecting that. So the other guy took two pictures of us!!! As you will see my face is as pick as my face. Embarassed Lol, thatís what happens when I get nervous. She was so nice to us!! After the picture we left to come home. ON CLOUD NINE! I think I drove the whole two hrs. home with a grin on my face LOL Very Happy !

Here are my Pictures Razz you should be able to click on them to see them bigger.
kris21108

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow deb that is SO awesome!! It sounds like you had an AMAZING time and the pics are wonderful! I am so glad you were able to go and meet her and have such a wonderful experience! =)

icon and banner made by me Smile
Elaine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great report, Deb, and the pictures are wonderful! Your daughter is very pretty, and I'm sure Jane appreciates the gifts from her. What a great memory you and Natalie will have. You all look beautiful in the pictures.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Anne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww Deb, I'm so happy for you and Natalie! The pics are great, you and your daughter look so cute and excited and I really enjoyed reading your report. Very Happy

And I just love Jane's dress. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your report and the wonderful pics,Deb.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great story!! You and your daughter must have been absolutely thrilled!!! So awesome! Smile Thanks for sharing your experience and your pics.
deb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that you all liked the pictures and story. We truly did have an AMAZING time. I don't think that it is something we will ever forget. How could you lol! All I know is that all my friends are jealous. ha ha
LynnEGib

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing your wonderful day with us
LUIS SIMOES

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Meeting Jane 2/12/2010 Reply with quote

deb wrote:
Once I heard that Jane was going to be at the King of Prussia Mall I knew I had to go. There were a couple of things that were trying to stop me from going. The snow was awful this week. Some places still arenít dug out yet. This happened to a friend of mine that was to go with me. The snow was making me think of going to New York next month (which I still might do).Then I was having car trouble and my husband wasnít going to let me go. So I had my van looked at on Thursday night (nothing like the last minute). Laughing Thank God it was only a tire! So that fixed and everything looked good. Natalie and I had to start our day a 5am to take my husband to work, because we are down to one vehicle now. We came home and she went back to sleep and I cleaned up the house a little. We left town around 1pm. Our trip to King of Prussia was just over two hours long. We got to the mall and went walking around then found the gallery and looked at Janeís paintings. WOW they are so much better than I thought that they would be. One of the guys there introduced himself to us and asked how I found out about the show and where I was from. Of course I said I heard about it from Friends of Jane.com. We walked around for about 3 hrs. Then we headed back to the Gallery.

Once there I knew that we were going to have to wait for a while because there were a lot of people there who had bought a painting which I couldnít. I asked the man that I talked to earlier if my daughter would be able to give Jane a birthday card that she had made and a couple of other things she had for her. I also had a card but I didnít say anything about it because it was in my purse. LOL He said that should be ok we just had to wait till she didnít have anybody with her. That took almost an hour, but WELL WORTH IT!! When I saw that Jane was free we walked over to her and said hi and gave her our cards and stuff. I was a little shocked because she opened my card right away, and looked at it. I had also enclosed a letter which she said she would read later. Then she looked at my daughterís stuff. The card Natalie made had two horses on the bottom and two hearts between them. In one of the hearts Natalie wrote Jane and in the other she wrote James. This was not over looked by Jane! There were other things that she drew on the front, but I thought that was sweet! Natalie also gave her a HUGE candy necklace that she had to buy for Jane and one of her art projects from school (a sun catcher). She thanked us and then went to put the stuff away and came back and one of the men from the gallery suggested that we get a picture with her. I was TOTALLY in sock, because I was not expecting that. So the other guy took two pictures of us!!! As you will see my face is as pick as my face. Embarassed Lol, thatís what happens when I get nervous. She was so nice to us!! After the picture we left to come home. ON CLOUD NINE! I think I drove the whole two hrs. home with a grin on my face LOL Very Happy !

Here are my Pictures Razz you should be able to click on them to see them bigger.

Hello, Deb!

Great experience!

If I saw her in front of me I would froze!

Congratulations!
Sara

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome story Deb congrats on you and your daughter meeting her and nice of you to have made stuff for her bday.. XO Sara

If Your Heart Is Open, Love Will Always Find Its Way In-Jane Seymour
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Friends of Jane Forum Index -> Brush With Elegance All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: